After being fed up with a bug in Android 6.0 – which caused BT to be unreliable – I was very happy to receive yesterday an OTA update. My happiness was quickly gone when I realized it was an upgrade to Android 6.0.1. In other words, the new version also didn’t fix my BT problem. Therefore I decided to install a custom ROM: Lineage OS (v7.1.1). So far so good!
Basically I followed this tutorial.
- Install ADB drivers
- Use fastboot to install custom recovery
- Install TWRP
- Get root access
- Install custom ROM
- Install web view (and enable it ‘Chrome stable’ in Android). If not, I got a lot of issues with all Google services.
- Install GAPPS via TWRP
Currently only experiencing issues with the default ‘Clock’ app.